Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to be eaten by it.
The game is called 13th Age—so what’s in those 12 previous Ages? What fantastic treasures, brooding monsters, perilous dungeons, or ancient secrets survive from past centuries? What now-vanished icons shaped history, and what legacies did they leave behind?
Designed by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan (Eyes of the Stone Thief), The Book of Ages includes:
- The Engine of the Ages, a collaborative method for designing the ancient history of your campaign, producing a chronology of past Ages, plus a wealth of legacies, legends, and lairs to trouble the present day
- Prompts, suggestions and random tables to spur creativity
- More than a dozen sample Ages with new icons, monsters, treasures and powers: Explore the wolf-haunted Age of the Silver Moon, preserve civilization in the Age of Walled Cities, or fight for freedom in the Age of the Terrible Emperor
- Seven new player character races: arcanite (post-human servants of the Wizard King), Space Corps explorer (humans from another world), unholy one (humans touched by the Dark Gods), beastblooded (descended from lycanthropes), alleykin (catfolk), lizardmen, and spiritborn (half mortal, half elemental descendants of spirits)
- New class powers, spells, feats, and talents—including Decree of Anathema for paladins, Dirge of the Lady for clerics, Chronicler for bards, Green Bandit’s Secret for rangers, Poison Master for rogues, Necroblast for wizards and sorcerers, and Emperor-Killing Punch (Seven Deadly Secrets) for monks
- Six ways PCs can travel into the past in search of adventure!
|Stock #: PEL13A17||Author: Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan|
|Artwork: Rich Longmore, Ania Kryczkowska, Dagmara Matuszak, Aaron McConnell, Lee Moyer||Developer: Rob Heinsoo, Paul Fanning|
|New Icon Symbols: Lee Moyer||Type: Monochrome 120-page perfect-bound book|