It was International Tabletop Day over the weekend, and we hope you had a great day, whatever you ended up playing! We’re gearing up for another Big Day in the gaming calendar – namely, Free RPG Day 2018 – and our bumper-sized offering for this year, an adventure for both The Fall of DELTA GREEN and Cthulhu Confidential, is shuffling its way off the printing presses as we speak. We’ve also been busy with other work; we were so impressed with a 13th Age dice tray produced by one of our foreign language licensees that we decided to get some made ourselves. We’re releasing the PDFs of the final Battle Scenes book, Fire & Faith: Battle Scenes for Four Icons, and the accompanying full-colour Map Folio, and with those, a collection of all six Battle Scenes books & map folios in print or PDF only format. 13th Age Glorantha is still on pre-order, as is The Fall of DELTA GREEN; the Book of Demons for 13th Age is now available, and all pre-orders have been shipped.
- 13th Age dice tray – Roll your successes in a custom dice tray for 13th Age
- The Battle Scenes Complete Bundle – Get High Magic & Low Cunning, The Crown Commands, and Fire & Faith – plus the Map Folios – in print or PDF format
- Fire & Faith: Battle Scenes for Four Icons and Fire & Faith Map Folio PDF Bundle – 36 illustrated and mapped battle scenes for the Crusader, Priestess, Great Gold Wyrm, and Diabolist: one set of battles for each of the three tiers of play.
- 13th Age Glorantha pre-order – Pre-order the full-colour new Glorantha setting for 13th Age, from our good friends at Chaosium
- The Fall of DELTA GREEN pre-order – Pre-order the full-colour GUMSHOE adaptation of Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game and get the PDF now
- Book of Demons – Get the new Demonologist class for 13th Age
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Simon Rogers on what’s new in the Nest
- See P XX: QuickShock 101 – Robin D. Laws goes through QuickShock GUMSHOE, a new iteration of GUMSHOE being used in The Yellow King RPG
- The Black Book — Marginalia – Steven Hammond with the latest update on the Black Book character generator
- A Tale of Two Secret Cults – A brief introduction to RPGs and Cthulhu culture in China, by Hao Zhang, our Chinese licensee for Trail of Cthulhu
- My Latest Experience with Experience – Robin D. Laws on designing Improvement systems in GUMSHOE when there’s no intellectual or structural justification for them
- Development Diary: The Fall of DELTA GREEN – Kenneth Hite talks through the double translation of the Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game system to GUMSHOE, and from the modern day to the 1960s
- Eternal Lies Campaign Play Pacing and Management Suggestions – Author Will Hindmarch responds to Eternal Lies pacing questions on Google+ (***WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR ETERNAL LIES***)
- The Plain People of Gaming: Demonic Boons – To celebrate the release of the Book of Demons, Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan presents ways to bring more demons into your 13th Age campaign
- Player-Facing Combat in GUMSHOE – Simon Rogers looks at a way of reversing traditional GUMSHOE GMC attacks to make them more player-facing
- Pelgrane GMs needed for Origins and Gen Con 2018 – There’s only two weeks left to register events for Gen Con – please get in touch if you’d like to run games!
Resource page updates
- 13th Sage: Updating Druidic & Necromantic Summonings – Rob Heinsoo adapts rules from 13G and Book of Demons to help summoned creatures contribute to higher level battles
- The Iconic podcast is back! In April, they launched their first three episodes. You can listen to them here:
- 13th Age Character Builds. In this series by ASH LAW, we feature two different builds for every 13th Age character class, at all levels. ASH suggests how the builds might be used, and offers tips on playing each character. Stats are based on the point-buy method, and the characters have no non-standard elements