The Trail of Cthulhu Keeper’s bundle is a quick and affordable way to get into our award-winning Mythos RPG. It features the core book, an adventure collection and a Keeper’s screen and resource book: everything you need to run the game at a tasty 15% discount from the retail price.
Trail of Cthulhu is an award-winning roleplaying game of investigative horror, powered by the GUMSHOE system and produced under license from Chaosium. Acclaimed expert on the eldritch Kenneth Hite weds his encyclopedic knowledge of vivid historical detail to his mastery of H. P. Lovecraft’s classic horror tales to bring their cosmic malignity forward into the 1930s—a time when the creeping madness of the Great Old Ones intermingles with the sweeping cruelty of global totalitarianism.
Two modes of play: Pulp (for the “desperate action” feel of Robert E. Howard or Indiana Jones) and Purist (full of philosophical horror and cosmic dread)
- A new take on Mythos creatures and cults that makes even the most familiar Mythos elements surprising and scary at the gaming table
- A Drives mechanic that addresses the perennial horror RPG question, “Why don’t we just forget we saw anything, and go home where it’s safe?”
- GM advice on how to run a horror adventure
- Detailed notes on designing an enthralling, cohesive investigative adventure using the GUMSHOE system’s clue structure.
The Keeper’s Screen gives you the most important tables, rules and references for GUMSHOE. Combat, contests, tests and the mind-shattering Stability tables are there at your fingertips, giving you more time for GMing, and less fumbling through rule books. And, on the players’ side, Jérôme Huguenin’s breathtaking artwork will add to your game’s eldritch atmosphere.
- With the screen is the Keeper’s Resource Book; a carefully researched collection of clues, special benefits, game-relevant historical data, 1930s equipment, NPCs and occupational information for use in play.
- Occupations have detailed backgrounds you can use to flesh out character backgrounds and NPC contacts; discover their techniques, weaknesses and foibles.
- Select from a range of NPCs,contacts with forbidden knowledge, patrician academics, antique book dealers and professional rivals.
- Finally, there is handy Sanity and Stability summary, with page references to the main book. With amazing artwork, and superb resources, forbidden knowledge has never been so much fun!
Stunning Eldritch Tales a collection of four heart-pounding pulp adventures, specially designed for Keepers new to Trail.
- Devourers In the Mist: A rugged adventure tale in which the survival of island castaways is tested not only by the elements — but by the twisted shapes of half-seen, sadistic entities who haunt the atoll’s jungled interior!
- Shanghai Bullets: Guns-blazing danger portends and international intrigue unfurls in the city of conspiracy, the licentious, opium-infused Berlin of the East. In the shadow struggle between nations, no weapon is more fiercely coveted than the star mirror. It brings blood-draining death from beyond the stars!
- Death Laughs Last : When philanthropist and gadabout Addison Bright is found bizarrely murdered in his own New York mansion, only a team of doughty investigators can protect his reputation—and the sanity of mankind—from the awful truths lurking in his tragically colorful past.
- Dimension Y : A scientific experiment yields the promise of a glimpse into an adjoining reality. But when the heroes peer through this window… they find cosmic horror peering back at them!
Praise for Trail of Cthulhu:
There is no Lovecraftian mystery game as engrossing, as well-crafted, or as much sheer fun as Pelgrane’s roleplaying game, Trail of Cthulhu. – Shut Up and Sit Down
GUMSHOE is a perfect fit for investigating the supernatural mysteries and horrors associated with the Cthulhu Mythos. – Wired
Praise for the Keeper’s Screen:
...a detailed product that really aids the GM in running a TOC campaign. I thought the material was well presented and evocative. This is simply a product that I think every TOC GM needs to own. Go buy it already! rppgeek
Praise for Stunning Eldritch Tales:
There are lots of great RPGs, but many fewer great books of adventures. This is one of those great books of adventures, and it deserves some of your shelf space. – Ogre Cave