£22.95 – £44.95
Cover Artists: Lee Moyer, Aaron McConnell
13th Age Glorantha
Enter Glorantha, Greg Stafford’s classic fantasy world of richly imagined cultures, ferocious combat, and colliding mythologies.
13th Age Glorantha is a new setting for 13th Age, Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet’s d20-rolling game of heroic fantasy, escalating combat, One Unique Things, and limb-ripping owlbears. You’ll need the 13th Age corebook to play 13th Age Glorantha—the two books are available together as a discounted bundle.
What is Glorantha, and what makes it awesome?
Glorantha is a world of mythic fantasy, where mythology is real—a Bronze Age setting where the world really is flat and the sun travels each day across the Sky Dome only to descend into the Underworld each night. Countless gods and goddesses rule the powers and elements. But what gods create, they can destroy. The Gods War came within a sword-stroke of ending the universe, until Orlanth and his Lightbringers rescued the sun from hell and brought forth the Cosmic Compromise that created Time. Exiled from the world by the Compromise, the gods could only watch as Chaos tore a place for itself in the heart of the cosmos, entering the world wearing the beautiful mask of a goddess shaped like a Red Moon.
13th Age Glorantha takes place in Dragon Pass, a magical land perched between mountain ranges formed from the scales of long-dead continent-sized dragons. For generations, Dragon Pass has been dominated by human clans that rely on the goddess of Earth, Ernalda, and her consort, the god of Storm, Orlanth, to fight off the trolls, dragonewts, and beastfolk who once ruled the land.
But now the Red Goddess’ Lunar Empire rises in the north. Chaos corrupts the land and invades the sacred myths that shape reality. Can the heroes of Dragon Pass retake their myths and remake their home?
For Game Masters, 13th Age Glorantha includes:
- More than 80 pages of monsters and enemies fully compatible with any 13th Age campaign, including Chaos priests, dragonsnails, scorpionmen, Crater Makers who call down the Moon, and the awesome Chaos demon known as the Crimson Bat.
- More than 60 pages of ready-to-run adventures and heroquests—venture into myth to refight the battles of the gods and gain their cosmic powers!
- A distinctive setting that will entertain longtime fans but is aimed at gamers who’ve never heard of Glorantha.
If you’re a 13th Age player you’ll find:
- 5 new classes, including the hell mother who summons Darkness spirits and giant spiders; the swordmaster Humakti who wields Death; and the trickster who (in theory!) funnels your bad luck onto your enemies.
- 5 new class variants, including the wind lord, a fighter with magical storm-related exploits, and the rebel, a rogue with the supernatural ability to get where he’s not supposed to be.
- 2 new PC races—the trolls and ducks—plus Gloranthan humans with new cultural traits.