Hideous Creatures: Star Vampires
“The human blood on which it had fed revealed the hitherto invisible outlines of the feaster.” Invisible outlines that shall be expanded upon, extended even, into all sorts of dimensions. Are they summoned demons or feral predators? Are they kindred or competitors to Colin Wilson’s Space Vampires? Herein we trace the Shambler From the Stars, with bonus Night’s Black Agents statistics and a scenario seed.
These loathsome, hovering things are normally invisible, their presence signaled only by a sort of ghoulish tittering. A star vampire is roughly ovoid, a pendulous stomach surrounded by tentacles, each tipped with needle-toothed suckers. Two cartilaginous stalks hold razor-sharp talons, with which it grasps and slashes open its prey. It then maneuvers its large central mouth to drink the spurting gore. As a star vampire feeds, the blood it drinks or splashes on itself remains visible, revealing the form of the bloated obscenity.
Hideous Creatures: Star Vampires includes:
- Two unique scenario seeds: We Can Dismember It For You Wholesale, and The Unteleported Monster
- Night’s Black Agents scenario: Zvezdy Vampir, the Shambler from the Tsars, with GUMSHOE statistics
- Keeper clues for every Trail of Cthulhu Investigative ability
- Five mythic echoes from across the world
- Sixteen Star Vampires variations
- And new powers, like Interstellar Cold, Yearling, and more, with GUMSHOE statistics
Praise for Hideous Creatures:
“a brief injection of Hite-ian awesome … they’re just about the right length to digest in a single sitting, and full of amazing ideas that will make anyone’s game into a flavourful occult gumbo.” – High Trust, High Drama Blog
“I consider this series a wake-up call to the lacklustre, to remind them tales of the Mythos, using whatever system, should instill uneasiness, upset and fear. Grasp the potential of the unearthly and inhuman…” – Paul Baldowski
Hideous Creatures: Star Vampires is the eleventh installment of Ken Writes About Stuff Volume 1.