Cover Artists: Lee Moyer
There are few things a sword-and-spell-slinging adventurer loves more than a full coin purse — so why not take advantage of it? Coin Tricks by Rob Heinsoo and Lynne Hardy turns the one thing that all PCs will literally die to obtain into a rich source of plot hooks and monsters. It includes:
- Coin zombies, who make up for their slowness by using adventurers’ greed to ensnare them.
- Coins found in living dungeons that appear to be from alternate versions of the Empire.
- Ghoul-stamped coins, the mutilated currency of the undead.
- Rules for Tower Thump, the dwarves’ favorite coin-based drinking game.
- Normal-seeming gold coins that are also bat-winged demons devoted to chaos and destruction.
Coin Tricks is the fourth installment of the second 13th Age Monthly subscription. You can buy it as a stand-alone PDF, or purchase the collected Volume 2 to get all 12 issues plus the 2016 Free RPG Day adventure Swords Against the Dead!