The Battle Scenes series offers icon-themed adventures for the 13th Age, at all levels of play, packed with dangerous hand-picked foes on terrifying terrain.
All Battle Scenes books include:
- Ideas on how to get the PCs into the story, and possible outcomes that result from their actions.
- Encounters that pit the PCs against NPCs and monsters that are linked to an icon.
- Traps and terrain which make an exciting, challenging environment for PCs to face their foes.
- Plenty of new monsters to challenge the PCs, along with new magic items to wield in battle.
- Simple options to tailor encounters to increase or decrease the difficulty.
- Storylines that link each battle to the ones that come after, so you can take the PCs from one full heal-up to the next using only the battles in the set – with room to expand on these stories to fill multiple sessions of gameplay.
- Incredible maps, available as free downloads with and without monster markers.
- Battles spanning the three tiers of play (Adventurer, Champion and Epic).
The first book in the series is High Magic and Low Cunning. From a white-knuckle white-water raft past orcish hordes, to abseiling kobolds and a fearsome magical cloud fortresses, High Magic and Low Cunning takes your players on a journey to adventure at every level of play, and offers 45 sets of challenging and memorable battles lined keyed to five icons (Orc Lord, Prince of Shadows, Archmage, High Druid, and The Three).
The next Battle Scenes book is The Crown Commands. Crush a dwarven city beneath your mighty Gearwork Dungeon! Plunder the elven goldenwood library that holds the secrets of the Green! Soak the sands of the Emperor’s arena with the blood of his living champions in the name of the One-Eyed King! (Dwarf King, Elf Queen, Emperor, Lich King)
The third book is Fire & Faith. Chase the Diabolist’s Circus of Hell cross the Dragon Empire! Fight your way through the nightmare dreamscape of a sleeping gold dragon! Ride with the Crusader to assault a hellhole! Ascend the Cathedral to battle cosmic foes amidst its mind-bending geometry! (Crusader, Diabolist, Great Gold Wyrm, Priestess).
You can also get the complete collection, featuring 40 adventures, with 135 encounters, with a player- and GM-facing map for each.
Battle Scenes are packed with ideas so that you can can incorporate them into your existing campaign, use them in a game when don’t have anything prepared; or when an icon relationship roll calls for a complication.
We build the battles – you and your players bring them to life.
Status: Out Now