Regular readers may notice something different around here – specifically, over there ——->
Yes, it’s an ENnies winner sticker! After many years of nominations, See Page XX has finally been recognised by the ENcademy as a good website. Huzzah! Of course, this was slightly lost in the flood of Pelgrane- and Pelgrane-adjacent wins at the 2016 ENnies – in case you missed it, Simon has more on this in his article, below.
This month sees a bumper double issue of See Page XX, crammed full of articles and the usual post-Gen Con flood of new releases, like the first new GUMSHOE corebook of our tenth anniversary year, Fear Itself 2nd Edition, and The Esoterrorists globe-spanning Worldbreaker campaign. For one month only (or while stocks last), we’ve also got some of the metal 13th Age Icon Tokens from our friends at Campaign Coins. The newly-released Dracula Dossier Thriller bundle gets an outing in PDF, and there are two editions of 13th Age Monthly available now – July’s Shades of Fey, and August’s Alarums & Incursions: Downtime for Six Icons.
- 13th Age Icon Tokens – A set of gorgeous metal tokens for the 13th Age icons, created by Campaign Coins
- Fear Itself 2nd Edition – The newest (re)addition to the GUMSHOE core book stable, featuring the most up-to-date GUMSHOE GM advice for running horror one-shots, miniseries and campaigns
- The Dracula Dossier: Thriller bundle PDF – This collection for the Dracula Dossier features The Edom Field Manual, The Edom Files, and The Thrill of Dracula in PDF format (also available separately)
- Worldbreaker – An appalling summoning, demons of the depths, slaughter on your mapping app, ebola, and of course, murder clowns feature in this globe-spanning campaign for The Esoterrorists
- Shades of Fey – Ten intriguing alternatives with consequences for story and mechanics, similar to what was done for devils in 13 True Ways is July’s 13th Age Monthly edition by Steven Warzeha.
- Alarums & Incursions: Downtime for Six Icons – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan’s fun random tables, to generate mini-stories for player characters between adventures, is the latest edition of 13th Age Monthly.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Simon Rogers on what’s new in the Nest
- See P XX: Recreational Drugs in Ashen Stars – Robin D. Laws turns on and tunes into recroviros in the Ashen Stars RPG
- Call of Chicago: One Shot At Dracula, Twice – Kenneth Hite on his second One Shot Dracula Dossier game – and what The Belgrade Betrayal is about
- The Eyes of Rudolf Esper – An opening scene for Trail of Cthulhu by Robin D. Laws
- Gen Con 2016 Report – Simon Rogers on his 2016 Gen Con experience
- The Plain People of Gaming: No Screw-Ups – Gareth Ryder-Hanrhan on how he corrected some scenario misreadings during GMing, without the players realising
- She Sees the Membrane – A scenario hook for The Esoterrorists, by Robin D. Laws
- Conventions Seeking GMs – A monthly post where we flag up conventions looking for Pelgrane GMs
- Invasive Insects of the Gaean Reach – Robin D. Laws on why one should never travel through the Gaean Reach with a forensic entomologist (unless the Thorax Cacophony priestesses are match-fixing)
- Call of Chicago: Task Force Alpha – Kenneth Hite on Southeast Asia’s largest air-conditioned building of the 1960s, and other miracles of that age
- ENnie Awards 2016, Battling Vampires and Eleven out of Ten – Simon Rogers crunches some ENnies data
- Those Two Pesky Cards (A Variant Hillfolk Procedural Rule) – Robin D. Laws looks at an alternative rule to tips the odds just that bit closer to ever in your favour
- August playtesting – Playtest one of three GUMSHOE One-2-One adventures for Dex Raymond, by Robin Laws
- 13th Sage: Rolling for Complications – Rob Heinsoo experiments with a twist on the icon relationship rules in his Dragon Empire 13th Age campaign
- 13th Age Organized Play Update: July/August 2016 – Wade Rockett keeps you current with the 13th Age Alliance
- Make Your Own Luck on Roll20 – Wade Rockett on the 13th Age launch on Roll20, with the Make Your Own Luck adventure.
- 13th Age: Race to Starport – ICYMI, Wade Rockett introduces the ENnie-award-winning Organized Play adventure, Race to Starport
- Welcome to Nocturne – Darren W. Pearce introduces us to the land of Sombria, in the 13th Age–compatible setting of Nocturne