In big news this month, our Production Assistant Alex Roberts is leaving Pelgrane to focus on applying to grad school, as well as the sundry other plates she magnificently keeps spinning. It’s been wonderful having her around, and we’ll miss her! We’re currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to replace her, and we’ve had a fantastic response, with more than 50 applications so far. Applications are open until October 11th, and all the details are here.
In other big news, Steven Hammond from Northland Creative is taking on the task of revamping our Black Book character generator. We use this a lot for our convention adventure and one-shot PCs, and we’re very excited about the improvements he’s got planned. But first, he needs your help to understand how you use our character sheets – check out his article for more details, and the chance to win a $15 voucher for our webstore.
With all the excitement, our production line has slowed down slightly. Fire and Faith, the final volume in the Battle Scenes series, is out on pre-order this month; pre-order it with the accompanying Map Folio as a bundle, and we’ll add the text file to your bookshelves on Wednesday, October 4th. The latest PDF for Cthulhu Confidential, the Langston Wright adventure One For the Money, is also available now, with the final PDF also being available on your bookshelves on Wednesday.
- Fire and Faith – Battle Scenes for Four Icons pre-order- The final volume in the Battle Scenes series features battles themed for the Crusader, Priestess, Great Gold Wyrm, and Diabolist
- Fire and Faith – Battle Scenes for Four Icons Map Folio pre-order – Featuring 36 maps from Fire and Faith – Battle Scenes for Four Icons, in glorious full color by expert cartographers
- One For the Money – A Langston Wright PDF adventure for GUMSHOE One-2-One
- The Valkyrie Gambit PDF – A collection of three adventures for the TimeWatch RPG
- The TimeWatch GM Screen and Resource Guide PDF – Featuring art by Rich Longmore and Lee Moyer, and a 40-page resource book filled with advice and time seeds.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Simon Rogers on what’s new in the Nest
- Pelgrane Press Seeks Administrative Assistant – We’re recruiting for a new person to join the Pelgrane Press team.
- Call of Chicago: The Ravensrodd Horror – Kenneth Hite with Ravensrodd adventure seeds for Trail of Cthulhu and Night’s Black Agents
- See Page XX: Occultists of the Belle Epoque – Robin D. Laws with a sneak preview of one of The Yellow King RPG‘s Kickstarter stretch goals
- Designing a New GUMSHOE Online Character Generation Tool, and How You Can Help – Steven Hammond on the Black Book character generator, with a character submission competition
- The Sinful Elect – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan cut this Damned Conspiracy from the upcoming Night’s Black Agents One-2-One book
- Surprise Outcomes in DramaSystem – Robin D. Laws with a new rule for when a scene caller wants to be surprised by an external event’s outcome
- September playtesting – Playtest drone, Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan’s collaborative cyberpunk dystopian psychodrama.
- 13th Sage: Return of the Nigh-Dead Lancer – Rob Heinsoo stats up some of Rich Longmore’s 13th Age Bestiary art the way it deserves
- 5e or 13th Age: Which Is Right For Your Group? – Wade Rockett collects wisdom from across the internet about how the two games compare
- 13th Age Character Builds. In this series by ASH LAW, we feature two different builds for every 13th Age character class, at all levels. ASH suggests how the builds might be used, and offers tips on playing each character. Stats are based on the point-buy method, and the characters have no non-standard elements.