Stone Skin Press is our fiction imprint, set up because of Simon Rogers’ enthusiasm for genre-crossing writing from writers like Michael Chabon, Iain Banks, Margaret Atwood, Ursula Le Guin and Adam Marek. Its goal – to mine the wealth of talented writers, both mainstream and genre, who enjoy writing to a challenging brief. Stone Skin Press wants to inspire all-new fiction, and take our writers and readers in new directions.
Stone Skin Press – Writing at the Crossroads
Where genre meets literature, where geek culture meets the mainstream, there is Stone Skin Press. With a series of literary anthologies to challenge the boundaries between genres and creative scenes, Stone Skin gathers together writers from such disparate fields as gaming, literary fiction, F/SF, film, YA, comics, and podcasting. Its eclectic author rosters bring colliding perspectives to bear on themes that combine the classic with the surprising.
Authors include heavyweight New York Times best selling authors, up and coming new talents, and favourites from the Pelgrane Press stable including Alex Bledsoe, Tobias Buckell, Jesse Bullington, Ramsey Campbell, Adam Marek and Kyla Ward.
Stone Skin Press Titles
- The New Hero Volume 1 – Fourteen gripping and distinctive variations on the classic hero story.
- The New Hero Volume 2 – Thirteen thrilling stories of threatened identity and vanquished disorder.
- Shotguns v. Cthulhu – Pulse-pounding action meets cosmic horror in this exciting collection from the rising stars of the New Cthulhuiana.
- The Lion and the Aardvark – Seventy writers from across the creative spectrum bring their modern sensibilities to the wisdom and clarity found in Aesop’s 2,500 year old fables.
- Schemers – A genre-spanning short fiction exploration of grand schemes, Machiavellian maneuvering, and the knotty, micro-scaled twistings of the human heart.
- The New Gothic – A collection of short stories which revisits to the core archetypes of the Gothic – the rambling, secret-filled building, the stranger seeking answers, the black-hearted tyrant. Includes an original story from the godfather of modern horror, Ramsey Campbell.
- Letters to Lovecraft – Eighteen whispers to the darkness, taking its inspiration directly from the literary manifesto behind H. P. Lovecraft’s entire mythos.
- Gods, Memes and Monsters – A dictionary of mythological creatures, offering more than sixty entries and short stories that range from the horrific to the humorous.
- The Forgotten Monk – A high fantasy and high adventure novel, woven into a story of strong friendships, deadly hatreds, ingenious criminal mysteries and baffling affairs of the heart.
- Swords v. Cthulhu – Twenty-two tales of the bite of steel against eldritch flesh, relentlessly hurtling you into madness and danger.
- The Complete Stone Skin Bundle – Collecting all ten Stone Skin Press titles in a discounted bundle.
- The Lovecraft Fiction Bundle – Featuring the mythos anthologies Shotguns v Cthulhu, Swords v Cthulhu, and Letters to Lovecraft.