As we enter the fifth month of lockdown, gaming continues to develop online. We recently attended (the first?) Gen Con Online, and were surprised by how busy it was – our panels will be appearing on our YouTube channel shortly. We’ve also reconnected with our friends at the Bundle of Holding to offer the Compleat Dying Earth RPG, which is available until Monday, 17th August, and we’ve recreated a profusion of Dying Earth RPG-related content from our archives to whet your appetite for witty, persuasive banter. And new in the store is the pre-order for the champion tier 13th Age adventure Elven Towers.
- Elven Towers pre-order – Recover the hidden power of the Elf Queen in this champion tier 13th Age adventure by Cal Moore
- Black Star Magic pre-order – New rules and background material on Carcosan magic in all four The Yellow King RPG settings, a new adventure for each setting, and GM guidance showing you how to incorporate player-facing occult powers into your game.
- Swords of the Serpentine: The Adventurer’s Edition pre-order – A GUMSHOE sword & sorcery game of daring heroism, sly politics, and bloody savagery, set in a fantasy city rife with skullduggery and death. Pre-order now and get a limited edition colour print map of Eversink.
- Honey & Hot Wax – An Erotic Art Games Anthology PDF – A digital-only anthology of games about sex by a diverse group of 10 designers, which will challenge how you think about roleplaying, sexuality, and human relationships.
- Book of the Underworld PDF – A campaign setting for 13th Age, revealing the secrets of the Dragon Empire’s Underworld.
- The Yellow King RPG PDF – Four full-colour 6″ x 9″ hardback books in a slipcase, with accompanying GM screen. The dread horror of Robert Chambers’ King in Yellow stories take RPG form, confronting your players with an epic journey across four Carcosan-drenched time periods.
- Even Death Can Die – Pre-order this adventure collection for Cthulhu Confidential and get the pre-edit draft PDF now.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Cat Tobin with what’s new in the Nest.
- See Page XX: Table Sense – Robin D. Laws is at it again, coining terms for previously termless RPG concepts.
- Call of Chicago: Runing Down a Dream – Kenneth Hite introduces all manner of runic Trail of Cthulhu ideas.
- Statting NPCs in GUMSHOE – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan answers the mailbag question of assigning ability scores to GMCs in GUMSHOE games.
- One-Hero Play: Two-Player Adventures in Swords of the Serpentine – Kevin Kulp looks at running the forthcoming Swords of the Serpentine for only one player.
- Community Content Spotlight: Phantom of the Bastille – Noah Lloyd reviews Fear Itself adventure Phantom of the Bastille.
- The GUMSHOE Community program contest – There’s never been a better time to try some GUMSHOE RPG writing.
- The Montparnasse Train Wreck of 1895 – Robin D. Laws identifies a dramatic news event that awaits The Yellow King RPG PCs in October 1895.
- GM Tools for the Black Book – These useful additions to the Black Book have now launched.
- Foreshadowing In The Yellow King – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan on using the four-setting structure of The Yellow King RPG to foreshadow with guaranteed results.
- Special Relationships Are Not Special Snowflakes (Or At Least, Not If You Do Them Right) – Lisa Padol explains how she manages player relationships with significant GMCs
- ICYMI, Kenneth Hite and Robin D. Laws have a podcast! It’s called Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff. You can listen to the most recent episodes here:
- 13th Sage: Deep Gnome Rising – a Level 2 Adventure – Wade Rockett shares a short adventure he wrote way back in 2013 for the 13th Age RPG.
- Unique & Monstrous Curses – Julian Kay looks at 13th Age and other F20 monsters that originated as curses or get much of their oomph delivering curses.
- The Iconic podcast is now up to their fourth season! You can listen to the most recent episodes here:
Revisit’d in honour of the Compleat Dying Earth in the Bundle of Holding:
- Original Dying Earth Press Release – Back in the beforetimes, a star was born!
- An Interesting Place to Visit – A quick reference to The Dying Earth RPG by Lynne Hardy.
- Adventure: Sartorial Reference -The PCs must help a lecturer with a sartorial wager in just one day in this short PDF adventure by Steve Dempsey.
- Adventure: The Balance Restored – A fine mess has been left for the PCs to fix in this short PDF adventure by Steve Dempsey.
- “Fields of Silver” (Shades of Grey?) – Turjan-Level Gaming and the Lands of the Near East by Lynne Hardy.
- Adventure: Wiping the Slate Clean (Part 1) – Can you help Amaranth with her manse issue? A PDF adventure by Steve Dempsey.
- Wiping the Slate Clean (Part 2) – And more of it, by Steve Dempsey.
- A Taste of Something Different – All about the gameplay of The Dying Earth RPG by Lynne Hardy.
- Doodle All the Day – A diversionary adventure by Steve Dempsey.
- Face the Unspeakable – Demons of the Dying Earth, by Ian Thomson
- You poor hungry creature, allow me to step into your maw – A discussion of The Dying Earth RPG rules by Steve Dempsey.
- Employment Sought – a pick-a-path adventure by Jim Webster and Peter Freeman, now updated by Noah Lloyd into Twine format
- In Dreams, What Death May Come – A great dark patch passes portentously over the face of the sun in this adventure seed by Steve Dempsey
- The Source of Sorcery – The Primer of Practical Magic by Jeanry Chandler
- A Variant On The Tagline: The Incidental Anecdote – Steve Dempsey with an optional rule to add even more entertainment to your Dying Earth RPG
See Page XX Poll