Spring has arrived in London; birds are singing, flowers are blooming and even the sun has deigned to shine on us. Infused with the joys of the season, we’ve planted article seeds in people’s heads and can now show you what we’ve cultivated.
New in the shop this month are the conclusion to the Cthulhu Apocalypse setting, Slaves of the Mother, as well as the final edition of this year’s KWAS subscription about Lilith. There’s also a new Series Pitch of the Month club edition by ASH LAW. Articles this month include Simon’s View from the Pelgrane’s Nest, an article from Robin D. Laws about reducing the tendency towards violence in DramaSystem one-shots while Kenneth Hite teases us with Dracula Dossier titbits. Kevin Kulp is also looking at one-shots, but making TimeWatch better by avoiding gimmicks and; Gareth is helping you get clues to players more effectively and Kendall Jung talks about our Gen Con GMing plans.
Over in 13th Age corner, Casey Peavler and Ryven Cedrylle have been hard at work coming up with a whole series of new races, and one new class, while ASH LAW explains how to repurpose 4e monsters for 13th Age. Martin Killman has come up with some new barbarian talents, and Wade Rockett explains the special Pelgrane customer deal for the Midgard Bestiary.
- Slaves of the Mother, the final edition of the Cthulhu Apocalypse
- Lilith – the latest edition of Ken Writes about Stuff goes through the herstory of the Queen of the Vampires, Lady of the Night
- Series Pitch of the Month – This month’s edition is Iron Tsar, by ASH LAW
- Cluebats and Flashbacks – Unusual Clues in GUMSHOE Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan comes up with creative ways of getting clues to the clueless
- Avoiding the Gimmick – Kevin Kulp gives advice on running TimeWatch as a campaign
- Survey madness – Kendall Jung chats about Gen Con GM wrangling and the results of our Gen Con survey
- March playtesting – Moar levels of Gareth’s Eyes of the Stone Thief, an Ashen Stars scenario by Piers Beckley and Bill White’s The New World are up this month
Resource page updates
- Ashen Stars – Sam Carter has created a fillable, saveable Ashen Stars character sheet
- 13th Age – A high-resolution Dragon Empire map is now available for download
- The Lurker – Casey Peavler and Ryven Cedrylle have come up with a new 13th Age character class, with art by Kaitlynn Peavler
- The Undead – The first in a series of new races for 13th Age,by Casey Peavler and Ryven Cedrylle
- New Barbarian Talents: Winter Storm, Infernal Frenzy and Vengeance from the Grave Thanks to Martin Killmann for these additional talent ideas
- How to Convert 4e Monsters to 13th Age – ASH LAW, writer of a number of monsters in the upcoming 13th Age Bestiary, shares her process
- Take $5 off the Midgard Bestiary at Kobold Press – A great offer for anyone interested in the upcoming Midgard Bestiary