The holidays and emergency present shopping beckon, so I will be relatively brief, and promise a full update including biz stuff in the next issue. Remind me to tell you about International Pelgrane Day, then, too.
Out this month: 13 True Ways. The Book of Loot and Shadows of Eldolan in pdf; and Vendetta Run – A survival-horror frame for Fear Itself and Owl Hoot Trail set in the worst and weirdest West is out as a stand-alone PDF or as part of Ken Writes About Stuff.
I’d like to start with an apology for the delay in getting the 13 True Ways PDF out to you – a rather convoluted set of circumstances combined to make it a December release – but it is at least in your hands a month after it was in stores. 13 True Ways Kickstarter backers can expect to see their dice rewards going out in January.
- You can look forward to the 13th Age Album by James Semple and team (you can get a taste of the music the Making of video and on SoundCloud) next month
- The 13th Age Monthy subscription kicks off early next year with Dragon Riding.
- Iconic Battles Scenes (working title) consists of 39 sets of four themed encounters, one Adventure, one Champion and one Epic level for each icon is in playtesting, as is Shards of the Broken Sky and Strangling Sea – both adventures for 13th Age.
- The Organized Play program now has hundreds of GMs running 13th Age in stores, at conventions and for their game groups. It’s free to join and you get free adventures to run. Sign up here.
- Demonology by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan and Iconic Organisations by Rob Heinsoo and ASH LAW.
Night’s Black Agents
Ken Hite and Gareth Hanrahan are writing and wrangling to create content for the Dracula Dossier kickstarter – and you can still pledge for a while longer – go here. The Kickstarter has been a shot in the arm for Night’s Black Agents, and I’m happy to welcome hundreds of new players to the fold.
All the stretch goals and other items for NBA constitute what we’ll be releasing next year, but there may be a surprise in the pipeline, too.
Trail of Cthulhu
Coming in the New Year
2014 will see the release of Fearful Symmetries and the Book of the New Jerusalem – Paula and Steve Dempsey’s setting for Trail of Cthulhu in which you play an occult group facing a terrible evil you must fight with magic. But will magic take your humanity from you?
Scott, Paul and Matthew continue work on The Poison Tree – there will be some visible playtesting and demos from the team next year.
- Robin D Laws has gone back to GUMSHOE design for an entirely new version codename GUMSHOE121
- TimeWatch is on track – we are pushing for a first draft at the end of February – and it will be our core book release for GUMSHOE next year.
- Accretion Disk for Ashen Stars – we will get this out before the end of March.
- There has been a heated and one sided internal discussion over the merits of a GUMSHOE compendium. Do let us know what you think.
- Fear Itself 2nd Edition, with adventures.
- Another GUMSHOE core book, which we’ll announce next time…
More Everything Else
An indie book, more gaming advice and Gareth’s Drone Game at the very least.
Until Next Time…
Thank you everyone for making this company a viable concern. Buying and playing our stuff makes it possible for us to make more amazing stuff. So, please keep doing that
Now, I hear the call of a mince pie, so until the New Year … keep gaming!