June has been a busy month! Our trips to two big conventions (UK Games Expo and the Origins Game Fair) have meant we’ve been on the road for a lot of June. Still, it’s always great to catch with Pelgrane fans, writers and GMs. Roll on Gen Con!
Production of the two core Dracula Dossier books have dominated this month, but we’ve still found time for a big, new launch in the form of a beautful new hardback collection of the relentlessly purist Cthulhu Apocalypse rules and adventures. We’ve also got the June edition of KWAS, Hideous Creatures: The Great Race of Yith, now available in the webstore, as is the June edition of 13th Age Monthly, Summoning Spells. KWAS Vol. 3 subscribers now have the latest edition, Mutant City Spies, on their order receipt pages – this will be available to non-subscribers at the end of July. And another two brand-new story games are available to playtest, from our upcoming story games anthology.
- Cthulhu Apocalypse – the long-awaited collection of purist horror for Trail of Cthulhu
- Hideous Creatures: The Great Race of Yith – the latest edition of Ken Writes About Stuff looks at the cone-shaped librarians of your nightmares
- Summoning Spells – The fifth edition of 13th Age Monthly is also available as a stand-alone product
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Awards, Dracula, what’s new and what’s next by Simon Rogers
- How to Veil Out a Former Colleague – Robin D. Laws considers the issue of burnt Ordo Veritatis operatives in The Esoterrorists
- Interview with a GM – Ruth Tillman – Pelgrane GM and writer Ruth Tillman chats to Simon Rogers
- Pyramid Linking for Fun and Profit – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan considers the utility of Night’s Black Agents Conspyramids in Mutant City Blues
- Interpersonal Abilities as Personal Traits – Robin D. Laws looks at deriving your character’s attitudes from her interpersonal abilities
- Escalating GUMSHOE – Simon Rogers offers a way you can use the 13th Age Escalation Die in your GUMSHOE games
- The Rhythm of Ensemble – Robin D. Laws looks at how GMs can work with groups of players to create better story
- Call of Chicago: The Call of … Varna? – Kenneth Hite details another of our continuing (and continuing) series “Things We Left Out of the Director’s Handbook for the Dracula Dossier.“
- Fear Itself – Frosh Week – Robin D. Laws’ 1-sheet GUMSHOE entry (j/k – he’s not actually entering the competition)
- Find Your Dreamhound at Artsy – Robin D. Laws looks at how Artsy, a visual arts clearinghouse, can provide useful resources for Dreamhounds of Paris
- June playtesting – Story games are flavour of the month this month, play adventurers about to set off on what might be their final battle in Before the Storm, or a family with a difficult choice in Acceptable Losses
- Seven Answers to the 13th Sage – Rob Heinsoo brings answers and a lot lot more to the 13th Age trivia challenge
- The Archmage Engine SRD – The System Reference Document has been updated to include Bestiary monsters
13th Age Organized Play: The Archmage’s Orrery – Download the ENnie-award nominated free Organized Play adventure now.