Hallowe’en is over, the evenings are closing in, and we hear the roads are already frozen in Helsinki. Cheer yourself up before the winter sets in where you are, with the latest edition of See Page XX. Featuring the release of the second title in the Battle Scenes series, The Crown Commands – available as a bundle item with its full colour map folio. Out in PDF format this month are Fear Itself 2nd Edition, with its extensive GM advice on structuring one-shot, miniseries and campaigns, and Worldbreaker, with its so on-trend murder clowns. We’ve also got the latest 13th Age Monthly, October’s Nymphs, available now.
- The Crown Commands – Battle Scenes for Four Icons – 40 illustrated and mapped battle scenes for the Dwarf King, Elf Queen, Emperor, and Lich King: one set of battles for each of the three tiers of play.
- The Crown Commands – Battle Scenes for Four Icons Map Folio – 40 maps for The Crown Commands by expert cartographers, in glorious full colour
- Fear Itself 2nd Edition PDF – The disturbing contemporary GUMSHOE game of madness and violence, now available in PDF
- Worldbreaker PDF – A globe-spanning campaign for The Esoterrorists, featuring slaughter on your mapping app, ebola insurgency, and the disturbingly topical murder clowns
- Nymphs – A 13th Age Bestiary-style entry for magical guardians created by the Elf Queen is October’s 13th Age Monthly edition by Rob Heinsoo and Cal Moore.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Simon Rogers on what’s new in the Nest
- See Page XX – Beyond the Wall of Shared Narration – Robin D. Laws looks at how GUMSHOE and player narrative control might work together, or not
- The Origin of TimeWatch Antagonists – An excerpt from the forthcoming TimeWatch GM Screen and Resource Book by Kevin Kulp
- Call of Chicago: The Lost Last Prince of Transylvania – Kenneth Hite looks at the infamous Comte de Saint-Germain through a GUMSHOE lens
- It the Cap Fits – a GUMSHOE Option to Restrict Spends – Simon Rogers suggests ways of modelling a harsher environment or less competent characters through spending caps
- Refreshing Exhortation – Robin D. Laws on modelling inspirational speeches from film and TV in GUMSHOE
- Diving into Escape Pools – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan unpacks Fear Itself 2nd Edition‘s Escape Pool concept
- Happy International Pelgrane Day! – A recap of our recent celebration – thanks to everyone who joined in!
- Starting to Dream – Improvised Dreamhounds of Paris – Steve Dempsey has some GM advice for running an improvised Dreamhounds of Paris campaign
- Spirit of the City – the City as Character – Jason Fryer on integrating your game’s base city into the structure and flavour
- Conventions Seeking GMs – A monthly post, now with a permanent home on the website, where we flag up conventions looking for Pelgrane GMs
- October playtesting – Playtest Unquiet Waters, a new Vivian Sinclair adventure for GUMSHOE One-2-One
- 13th Age Organized Play Update: October 2016 – Wade Rockett keeps you current with the 13th Age Alliance