A belated happy new year to all our readers! This double-feature Page XX is packed with the usual wealth of articles you’ve come to expect from this erudite publication, and exciting news with the official launch of the GUMSHOE Community program. If you’re not familiar with the Community Content programs, you can find all the details here. We’re excited to see what new Ashen Stars gems you create! Alongside that, Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan’s converted two sections of his megadungeon campaign Eyes of the Stone Thief to D&D 5e rules, and also new this month is the PDF of Hideous Creatures: A Bestiary of the Cthulhu Mythos, crammed full of mythos monsters, some of whom have never taken stat block form in an RPG before!
- The GUMSHOE Community program – Create your own adventures, ships, planets, and much more for the Ashen Stars setting!
- 5e conversion – Eyes of the Stone Thief – Two levels of Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan’s 13th Age megadungeon Eyes of the Stone Thief campaign, converted to D&D 5th edition rules
- Hideous Creatures: A Bestiary of the Cthulhu Mythos PDF – Thirty-one mythos monsters, with full Trail of Cthulhu stats, mythic echoes, adventure seeds, player handouts, and more!
- The Best of Intentions PDF – A new stand-alone Leyla Khan adventure for Night’s Black Agents: Solo Ops.
- Night’s Black Agents: Solo Ops PDF – The modern-day spy thriller Night’s Black Agents, adapted for one player, one GM games using the GUMSHOE One-to-One system.
- Mutant City Blues 2nd Edition – Pre-order the updated and expanded mutant-powered police procedural GUMSHOE game, and get the final PDF now.
- Even Death Can Die – Pre-order this adventure collection for Cthulhu Confidential and get the pre-edit draft PDF now.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Cat Tobin with what’s new in the Nest.
- See P. XX: Family Horror in Fear Itself – Robin D. Laws on adapting Fear Itself to the latest form of horror film, the family in the crosshairs of monstrous or supernatural danger
- Call of Chicago: The Gatiss Addenda – Kenneth Hite investigates the BBC’s new Dracula, and extracts therefrom some gameable spins on the myth, and on Night’s Black Agents vampires.
- The Plain People of Gaming: What We Did In Paris – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan on how the first part of his Yellow King RPG game went
- Blood Basement – When a basement floods with gore and bone in the real world, Robin D. Laws naturally suggests how to work that into your Esoterrorists game.
- Four Alternate Mutant Origins – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan suggests some alternatives to the Sudden Mutation Event in Mutant City Blues if you want to push the mutant mystery to the fore in your game.
- Gaming Without Sight: Accessibility for the Visually Impaired – Guest writer Aser Tolentino with advice for making RPGs more accessible to visually impaired people
- How to Tell If You’re a Blocker (and How to Stop Yourself) – Robin D. Laws recommends looking at whether you’re the type of player that turns a GM “yes” into a “no” – and how to not be That Player.
- (Space) Station Duty – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan’s idea for an Ashen Stars long-term assignment for an ongoing investigation instead of the usual contract-of-the-week.
- Station Duty: Bitter Vigil – Get inspiration for your GUMSHOE Community project with Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan’s worked example of an ongoing Ashen Stars investigation.
- New Gamemaster Month – Always wanted to take the plunge? Join the New Gamemaster Month program, and be running games like Trail of Cthulhu by February!
- 13th Sage: The Simplest Level-Up – Rob Heinsoo on the simplest way to level up 13th Age monsters.
- 13th Sage: Soldiers of the Wizard King – Wade Rockett stats up some of the foes his players encountered on a trip back in time: brutal enforcers of the Wizard King’s rule.
- Iconic Monster Powers – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan with some flavoured monsters for each of the 13th Age icons.
- Call of Chicago: The Helm of Dungeon-Switching – Kenneth Hite has become a total convert to totally converting dungeon adventures for Those Other F20 RPGs to 13th Age; he details his conversion process here.
- The Iconic podcast has made it into their third season! You can listen to the most recent episodes here: