We’ve been so relieved and excited that the Yellow King RPG is finally available to non-Kickstarter backers that it’s still dominating our thinking here in the Pelgrane’s Nest, even to the extent of adding a new YKRPG product (the basic Shock & Injury decks) to our webstore. However, don’t let that distract you from the big news this month, which is the Book of the Underworld, our latest release to cover a fascinating part of the 13th Age‘s Dragon Empire.
- Book of the Underworld – A campaign setting for 13th Age, revealing the secrets of the Dragon Empire’s Underworld
- The Yellow King RPG – Four full-colour 6″ x 9″ hardback books in a slipcase, with accompanying GM screen. The dread horror of Robert Chambers’ King in Yellow stories take RPG form, confronting your players with an epic journey across four Carcosan-drenched time periods.
- The Yellow King RPG Basic Shock & Injury decks – These optional accessories allow The Yellow King Roleplaying Game GMs to quickly grab and dish out Shock and Injury cards during face-to-face play.
- Absinthe in Carcosa – An 8.5″ x 11″, full-colour hardback, this indispensable city guide for The Yellow King Roleplaying Game is yoked together from travelogues, newspapers, and the disquieting ephemera of the occult tradition.
- The Missing and the Lost – A thrilling, thought-provoking novel, which can be read as a mystery of a dread-drenched alternate reality, or use it as a model for The Yellow King Roleplaying Game when you play its Aftermath setting.
- Mutant City Blues 2nd Edition – Pre-order the updated and expanded mutant-powered police procedural GUMSHOE game, and get the final PDF now.
- Even Death Can Die – Pre-order this adventure collection for Cthulhu Confidential and get the pre-edit draft PDF now.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Cat Tobin with what’s new in the Nest.
- See P. XX: QuickShock and the Containment of Demise – Robin D. Laws muses on the design QuickShock GUMSHOE’s attrition rate
- Call of Chicago: The Shadow From the Office – Kenneth Hite on bringing Providence, RI’s role as HQ for the New England Mafia into your The Fall of DELTA GREEN game
- GUMSHOE One-2-One from a player’s perspective – Long-time One-2-One player, Nick Keller, provides a player’s perspective of Jason Morgan’s GUMSHOE One-2-One table.
- Clues vs. Leads – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan on the GUMSHOE difference between a “clue” and a “lead”
- Musings on the Yellow King Suite – Composer James Semple discusses the composition of the Yellow King RPG theme
- Our Yellow Sign is Your Yellow Sign – Our The Yellow King RPG Yellow Sign is public domain. Use it how you will!
- Climactic Doom in The Yellow King RPG – Robin D. laws with some new QuickShock cards for the YKRPG – use only when dramatic necessity demands less of a spiral than a precipitous drop from unharmed to smeared across the streets of Paris
- Freehand Yellow Sign Images – Robin D. Laws presents a gnarlier version of the Yellow Sign for your YKRPG handouts.
- The Stairs To The Bottom Of The Universe – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan with adventure seeds inspired by a child’s drawing
- Network – Adam Gauntlett looks at how the Network mechanic works in Night’s Black Agents play
- FINEST EFFECTS: The Italian Job – Cropped from the massive horror of The Borellus Connection, this Handler-eyes-only article is ideal if you want to give players a taste of day-to-day Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs activities
- GMs needed for Origins and Gen Con 2020 – Help us, Gamer One Kenobi! You’re our only hope!
- 13th Sage: How to Customize Monsters – The Human Thug – Wade Rockett shows how to turn an existing 13th Age monster—the human thug—into a variety of guards from across the Dragon Empire by adding a single, distinctive special ability.
- Crown of Axis Cover – Rob Heinsoo on the evolution of Wade Rockett’s upcoming adventure’s cover
- The Iconic podcast has made it into their third season! You can listen to the most recent episodes here: