The following articles originally appeared on an earlier iteration of See Page XX in February 2008.
Tools, toys and transport are the theme for this issue of Page XX. Robin D Laws discusses the use of music to end scenes in GUMSHOE games, and James Semple provides some stings for Trail of Cthulhu. Jamie Maclaren says the fidgeting and playing with toys at the gaming table isn’t all bad, and Simon Carryer closes his excellent series for Trail of Cthulhu GMs with an article on the majestic liners and tramp steamers of the thirties. For Mutant City Blues, we present interview with Dr Lucius Quade, the world’s premier scientist in anamorphology, the study of mutant powers (toys for gamers, at least).
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest by Simon Rogers
- Mutant City Blues: Dr. Lucius Quade’s Super Powers by Will Hindmarch
- Sting, Sting, Sting – Ending Scenes with Music in GUMSHOE by Robin D Laws
- Musical Stings for Trail of Cthulhu by James Semple
- Props as GM Tools by Jamie Maclaren
- Sea Transport in the 1930s by Simon Carryer