Well, 2020 is over, finally!!, as is January 2021, which looked horribly like it was going the way of 2020 for a while. COVID-19 vaccines are starting to be distributed, and hopefully life will return to something resembling normalcy over the coming months. However, there’s nothing normal about our newest pre-order, The Fall of DELTA GREEN campaign The Borellus Connection, coming in at a mighty 416 pages. Pre-order now, and get Looking Glass: Saigon 1968 as a bonus download, along with the pre-layout PDF.
- The Borellus Connection pre-order – Eight linked operations for The Fall of DELTA GREEN, each one playable as a standalone investigation or as part of an epic hunt for an infamous enemy!
- Looking Glass: Saigon 1968 – An invaluable “Low and Slow” 1968 city setting for your GUMSHOE game—not just The Fall of DELTA GREEN, but also Trail of Cthulhu, Night’s Black Agents, TimeWatch, and others.
- The Dracula Vector – An introductory adventure for Night’s Black Agents, which can also serve as an entry point for a Dracula Dossier campaign.
- Elven Towers print pre-order – Recover the hidden power of the Elf Queen in this champion tier 13th Age adventure by Cal Moore.
- Black Star Magic pre-order – New rules and background material on Carcosan magic in all four The Yellow King RPG settings, a new adventure for each setting, and GM guidance showing you how to incorporate player-facing occult powers into your game.
- Swords of the Serpentine: The Adventurer’s Edition pre-order – A GUMSHOE sword & sorcery game of daring heroism, sly politics, and bloody savagery, set in a fantasy city rife with skullduggery and death. Pre-order now and get a limited edition colour print map of Eversink.
- Even Death Can Die pre-order – Pre-order this adventure collection for Cthulhu Confidential and get the pre-edit draft PDF now.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Cat Tobin with what’s new in the Nest.
- See Page XX: Behind the Wilde Scenes – Robin D. Laws with a look behind the scenes at his “Mr. Wilde’s Wild Halloween” one-shot for The Yellow King RPG.
- Call of Chicago: Paperback Writer – Kenneth Hite posits a lurid paperback novel series that correlates too many The Fall of DELTA GREEN secrets.
- Falling Alone – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan looks at the changes involved in playing a lone Agent, using GUMSHOE One-2-One to play The Fall of DELTA GREEN.
- Excuse You While You Touch These Yellow King Cards – Robin D. Laws introduces new substance cards for the contemporary This Is Normal Now The Yellow King RPG setting.
- Call of Chicago: Through the Gates of the Silver-Gelatin Process – Kenneth Hite examines the photography of William H. Mortensen through a The Fall of DELTA GREEN lens.
- Ability Lists as an Improv Checklist – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan shares a useful trick when running an improvised GUMSHOE RPG scenario.
- See P. XX: Strindberg in Occult Paris – Robin D. Laws dives into the 1895 Parisian adventures of Swedish playwright August Strindberg and integrating him into The Yellow King RPG.
- The Iconic Hero: Elric of Melniboné in Swords of the Serpentine – Kevin Kulp looks at how the iconic Elric translates into Swords of the Serpentine.
- When The Pumpkins Turn Yellow – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan with four Hallowe’en horrors for The Yellow King RPG.
- Rogue Holograms in This is Normal Now – Robin D. Laws rips a particularly This Is Normal now headline to create a The Yellow King RPG scenario seed.
- Community Content Spotlight: Game Reserve – Noah Lloyd reviews Michael Duxbury’s Game Reserve, a GUMSHOE Community supplement for Fear Itself 2nd Edition.
- Introducing GUMSHOE at a Virtual Convention – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan shares his experiences and advice on running GUMSHOE RPGs over Zoom or Discord.
- Enliven Your Yellow King Game With Belle Époque Mug Shots – Robin D. Laws looks at Alphonse Bertillon, who kindly left a rich trove of handouts for The Yellow King RPG Paris GMs.
- I’m The Monster? Monstrous Characters for Fear Itself – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan with rules for player characters turned monsters in Fear Itself 2nd Edition.
- A Small-Town Setting for Swords of the Serpentine – Kevin Kulp with some starting ideas for alternate Swords of the Serpentine settings; this month, it’s Joining, a small town.
- Mutant City Mercs – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan stats up some super-mercenaries for Mutant City Blues 2nd Edition.
- Happy New Year from the Northland! – Steven Hammond with an update on the Black Book GUMSHOE character generator.
- A Zeitgeist of Unremitting Horror: Timely Horrors for Fear Itself – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan with some Fear Itself 2nd Edition monsters that play off our current fears.
- ICYMI, Kenneth Hite and Robin D. Laws have a podcast! It’s called Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff. You can listen to the most recent episodes here:
- 13th Sage: Behind the Scenes of Crown of Axis, Part One – Wade Rockett with a behind-the-scenes look at how his 13th Age adventure Crown of Axis came to be.
- 13th Sage: Behind the Scenes of Crown of Axis, Part Two – Wade Rockett explains the development process behind his 13th Age adventure Crown of Axis.
- 13th Age Books Queueing Up – Rob Heinsoo with an update on forthcoming 13th Age titles.
- 13th Age: The Register of Imperial Constellations – Julian Kay channels Viriel Pyrolea, newly appointed Imperial Astrologer, to discuss the thirteen major constellations in the skies of the Dragon Empire.
- 13th Age: The Register of Capricious Constellations – A continuation of Viriel Pyrolea’s exploration of the Dragon Empire’s starry skies.
- The Plain People of Gaming: Resource Saves – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan abstracts out resources in the 13th Age RPG.
- Behemoths: Paths of the Koru – Announcing a new 13th Age sourcebook for GMs running champion- or epic-tier campaigns.
- The Iconic podcast is now up to their fourth season! You can listen to the most recent episodes here: