It’s full steam ahead in the production mines, as we gear up for the summer convention season. With the tenth anniversary of GUMSHOE this year, we’re ambitiously aiming to release three new GUMSHOE core books; you can get a sneak peek at the work in progress of the first of these, Fear Itself 2nd Ed, by pre-ordering it this month, which will get you the plain-text playtest version, and your name in the credits. Other new releases include the PDF of High Magic and Low Cunning – Battle Scenes for Five Icons; this PDF comes bundled with the beautiful full-colour map PDF for free. We’ve also got an epic 13th Age fight in the form of Gladiators, the latest issue of the second 13th Age Monthly.
- Fear Itself 2nd Ed Premonition Edition – Pre-order now, and get the plain-text Premonition Edition of the disturbing contemporary game of madness and violence.
- High Magic and Low Cunning – Battle Scenes for Five Icons PDF bundle – 45 challenging sets of battles, against enemies connected to the Orc Lord, Prince of Shadows, Archmage, High Druid, and The Three, at every tier of play from adventurer to epic, PLUS 45 maps, in glorious full color by expert cartographers
- Gladiators – Options for involving gladiatorial combat in Dragon Empire campaigns, bits for characters who have gladiator backgrounds, and more in the new edition of 13th Age Monthly!
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Simon Rogers on forthcoming Cthulhu Confidential, TimeWatch and 13th Age books
- He Wants His Books Back – An adventure hook for Trail of Cthulhu or Bookhounds of London by Robin D. Laws
- The Plain People of Gaming: Dracula Unread – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan finds a few ways to ease the players into the mystery of Dracula Unredacted
- Bringing Back the Psi-Horror – Robin D. Laws brings psi-horror to GUMSHOE using the Fear Itself rules, with some Night’s Black Agents and Mutant City Blues thrown in for flavour
- The Tree People: TimeWatch Adapts KARTAS – Kevin Kulp writes up La Parra, a sci-fi plant-based alien race from a recent KARTAS episode, as a TimeWatch antagonist
- J-Horror, Meet Esoterror – Japan has its own issues with The Esoterrorists, explains Robin D. Laws
- Fear Itself: Zombie Apocalypse – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan runs a world of zombies using the Fear Itself 2nd Edition rules
- Outer Dark Entity: The Dweller – Robin D. Laws on how tell an ordinary campground slasher from one impelled by the Outer Dark
- Call of Chicago: The Eyes Have It – Kenneth Hite encounters the oeuvre of Edward Lansdale
- See P. XX: Using Interpersonal Abilities on Other GUMSHOE PCs – Robin D. Laws looks at advancing the drama and narrative by using Interpersonal Abilities on other PCs
- Conventions Seeking GMs – A monthly post where we flag up conventions looking for Pelgrane GMs. This month, another call for Gen Con GMs, after Pelgrane games were once more listed as being in too high demand