It’s TimeWatch month! We’re so excited about the release of our newest GUMSHOE game that’s it’s been all we can think and talk about, which you can see from the many articles and resources we’ve pulled together for it below. While all of our GUMSHOE books are fun, none are so boisterous, adventure-packed and lively that “rollicking” is the only appropriate term, and we’re delighted to have a more family-friendly addition to our line-up. As well as the core TimeWatch RPG, we’re also releasing Behind Enemy Times, a set of adventures for TimeWatch, and The Book of the Smoke-style The Book of Changing Years, a wiki-like collection of time-travellers’ tales you can use as inspiration, or adventure hooks for your own TimeWatch campaign. We’ve also got the latest 13th Age Monthly, September’s Mounted Combat, available now.
- TimeWatch RPG – The exciting new GUMSHOE time-travel adventure RPG where brave agents of TimeWatch defend the timestream from radioactive cockroaches, psychic velociraptors, and human meddlers.
- Behind Enemy Times – A series of six missions for TimeWatch, which you can run separately or as a linked campaign.
- The Book of Changing Years – A collection of time travellers’ tales and curios put together on the quiet by agents of TimeWatch and secreted in the Citadel – TimeWatch HQ.
- Mounted Combat – Rules for riding war rhinos, giant lizards, giant spiders, and other critters into 13th Age battles is September’s 13th Age Monthly edition by Rob Heinsoo.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Simon Rogers on what’s new in the Nest
- Call of Chicago: Dreamhounds of Brooklyn – Kenneth Hite presents an option for GMs interested in Dreamhounds of Paris, but wanting a USA-based campaign
- International Pelgrane Day – Join us in celebrating GUMSHOE’s 10th birthday, with a convention of all things Pelgrane
- GUMSHOE Scenarios Then and Now – Robin D. Laws on the changes in GUMSHOE adventures in its ten years of existence
- The Plain People of Gaming: Sects in the City – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan on the role of cults in his upcoming setting, Cthulhu City
- James Introcaso vs. Dracula – A terrified final testament revealing the horrifying truth behind James Introcaso’s encounter with the King of Vampires.
- Time War Concludes… – Who has been triumphant? (as if you couldn’t guess..!)
- The Quick and Clean Guide to Having Already Run Your First TimeWatch Game – Simon Rogers tells you how to bluff the basics when you ran your first TimeWatch game
- Fighting God: TimeWatch and the Secret Enemy – An Ashen Stars race becomes a formidable TimeWatch foe in this article by Kevin Kulp
- An Overview of TimeWatch for GUMSHOE GMs – Simon Rogers goes through the differences between TimeWatch and other GUMSHOE games
- Investigative Face-Punching – Robin D. Laws on what to do if a mook stands between a GUMSHOE Investigator and their clue
- Crowdfunding and Retailers – Friend or Foe? – Guest contributor Paul Alexander Butler from Games and Stuff reveals a retailer’s perspective on RPG crowdfunding
- Conventions Seeking GMs – A monthly post, now with a permanent home on the website, where we flag up conventions looking for Pelgrane GMs
- September playtesting – Playtest an adventure for Trail of Cthulhu, by Bill White
Resource page updates
- TimeWatch Resources – A new page for all things TimeWatch related. Email us if you have something to share!
- The Church of Little St Hugh and its “Heretic’s Library” – A new resource for Bookhounds of London, by James Haughton and Bret Kramer
- The Quick and Bloody Guide to Bluffing Night’s Black Agents at Conventions – A guide on capturing the Night’s Black Agents flavour in convention games