A big “Happy day!” to our North American friends, celebrating Canada Day and Independence Day around this time. As a bonus holiday gift, we’re releasing the PDF of “Swords vs Owlbears” and “The Font of Knowledge” – our Free RPG Day 2017 adventures – to everyone. If you already picked up the book in stores, you may have noticed some oddities; these have been corrected in the PDF.
We’re excited about TimeWatch and Bubblegumshoe‘s multiple nominations in the 2017 ENnie Awards! Voting will start from July 11th, so keep your eyes peeled for the notifications. This year, you can bid to win a Dream Date with Pelgrane Press at the ENnies. Hang out with us at the Cocktail Hour before the ceremony! Sit with us during the Awards Ceremony! Get a signed copy of Cthulhu Confidential and a t-shirt! The eBay auctions – to raise funds for the ENnies Awards production – are here, and here, and you have ten days to bid.
Available this month is the pre-order for Cthulhu City, our paranoid, creepy, Mythos-flooded urban setting for Trail of Cthulhu. And while the Snowcub edition of the 13th Age Bestiary 2 with the limited edition print is no longer available, you can still pre-order the book itself. A print is still available with the limited edition versions of Eyes of the Stone Thief; Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan has individually hand-signed each one, and added a funny comment, too.
- Cthulhu City – Pre-order this corrupted version of Arkham now – a ghastly metropolis usable for a Trail of Cthulhu campaign in its own right, or as a nightmarish intrusion into an existing game
- The 13th Age Bestiary 2: Lions & Tigers & Owlbears – pre-order the print version and get the bookmarked PDF now
- Eyes of the Stone Thief Limited Edition – Get one of only 100 copies which are gold-foiled, and beautifully bound in a green faux leather cover, with a signed bookplate from the author
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Simon Rogers on what’s new in the Nest
- See Page XX: Trail Confidential – Robin D. Laws on combining Trail of Cthulhu with GUMSHOE One-2-One
- Call of Chicago – When Flipper Met Dagon – Kenneth Hite introduces a new Trail of Cthulhu creature, the Deeper One
- From the Bubbling Vat of Playtesting a New GUMSHOE Rule Arises – Robin D. Laws on the origins of the new “Whew!” rule
- The Plain People of Gaming: The Masks of Great Arkham – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan on using the terrifying transport police in your Cthulhu City game
- Hitting the Owl Hoot Trail – Kevin Kulp on a few alternate ways to play Owl Hoot Trail, along with some great game hooks for doing so
- At the Sign of the Anchor – Robin D. Laws on Ordo Veritatis safe houses in The Esoterrorists
- Free RPG Day 2017 flipbook – Get the 13th Age and TimeWatch adventures PDF, and the errata for the print book
- Cards on the Fly in One-2-One – Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan with Problem and Edge card suggestions for GUMSHOE One-2-One
- The Yellow King Roleplaying Game – Kickstarting now, there are a few articles linked to this:
- You Toppled the Castaignes; Now it’s the 4th of July
- Spiders With Human Faces and Toulouse-Lautrec’s Favorite Cocktail
- Master List of Funded Yellow King Stretch Goals
- The Yellow King Surpasses £100K and Starts Dropping Some Hints
- We Disclaim All Responsibility For the Content of This Mysterious Video
- 13th Sage: In Case of Emergency, Summon Mooks – Rob Heinsoo on how he uses this 13th Age tech in his games
- 13th Age Character Builds. In this series by ASH LAW, we feature two different builds for every 13th Age character class, at all levels. ASH suggests how the builds might be used, and offers tips on playing each character. Stats are based on the point-buy method, and the characters have no non-standard elements.