The rumours are true – a second edition of 13th Age will be coming to Kickstarter in 2023! Work on the new edition has already begun, and you can sign up to playtest the new edition by emailing Rob at 13thAgePlaytest@gmail.com. Here are the key features of 13th Age 2e:
- Backwards compatible with ten years of support books.
- Better options for class talents, powers, and spells.
- Each class gets 2+ additional pages of new talents, feats, powers, and spells.
- Improved icon relationships.
- More flexible handling of kin/ancestry abilities and powers during character creation, including multiple hero powers for each kin.
- Scarier monsters and cooler treasures.
- More banter, better advice.
- New and better take on the fighter.
- New cover from Lee Moyer & Aaron McConnell.
Over on his blog, Rob Heinsoo’s gone into more detail about the first four items on the list; his follow-up posts deal with the remaining items on the bulleted list, as well as the team working on the book.