This month sees the release of a new album from James Semple for Ashen Stars, Sisters of Sorrow, an adventure for Trail of Cthulhu and the long-awaited ebook version of Night’s Black Agents. The Dying Earth Revivification Folio is available in print and the 13th Age RPG PDF has been updated.
So as not to swamp other games and yet all space to highlight 13th Age now has its own news feature Through the Scrying Glass.
The big news this month is the Hillfolk RPG Kickstarter. With Hillfolk and DramaSystem, Robin D Laws does for dramatic character interaction what GUMSHOE did for investigative gaming. It’s already reached 17 stretch goals, giving you a plethera of new settings for your game, play a Cthulhu cultist, bootlegger, minion of a failed supervillain or even an Aztec. Pelgrane gets 50% of all the margin on physical items; Robin gets everything else. See what rewards are available here, and get the PDF within a few hours. (After backing the project, see Update #4 for instructions for PDF access.)
Night’s Black Agents
This gorgeous book is out now – all pre-orders shipped and both the physical and eBook version are available from the store, as well as from your FLGS. The Dracula Dossier, Agent’s Companion and Dracula Unredacted are underway.
Trail of Cthulhu
- Sisters of Sorrow is Adam Gauntlett’s new Great War adventure for Trail of Cthulhu, set on the claustrophobic confines of a German minelaying submarine, and it’s out now. His follow up, A Better Hole, also set in the WWI is in playtest.
- Gareth is writing the second part of the ENnie-award winning Cthulhu Apocalypse, Green Unpleasant Land to which you can read the introduction, here.
- Will Hindmarch has promised us the final finished copy for Eternal Lies by Friday, Jerome has began producing art for this massive supplement.
- Scott Dorward is producing a framing adventure to go around Graham Walmsley’s Purist adventures, which will then be produced in print.
- Another print collection Out of Space will include Repairer of Reputations, Flying Coffins, Many Fires and Hell Fire, with addtional material by JasonMorningstar, Adam Gauntlett and Robin D Laws.
- Work continues on Dreamhounds of Paris, and its companion volume Livre de Fourmis – Book of Ant and Mythos Expeditions.
With the new Tartarus, Ashen Stars has seen a resurgeance of interest, and we’ve released some more amazing music from James Semple and his team – All We Have Forgotten – ten tracks and four stings. If you bought Tartarus – redownload your zip and you’ll be able to listen to an extra track free of charge.
Listen to the theme music:[audio:http://site.pelgranepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ashen%20Stars.mp3]
Owl Hoot Trail
Kevin Kulp will have the finished draft to me next month, and Rich Longmore who produced this image, will be illustrating and laying out.
Esoterrorists 2nd Edition
Phil Reeves, who provided much of the art for Night’s Black Agents, is working on art for Esoterrorists 2e. Esoterrorists 2e, as well as incorporating years of advice based on actual play experience, creatures and additional background material also includes Station Duty – a setting for small-town horror, where OV investigators work with the locals to face threats in community.
Chris Huth is illustrating and laying out this game of Vancean revenge in space. You can see a sample of text and layout here.