Hey there. It’s me, Enigmatic Icon, back with answers to questions so timely you hadn’t even thought to ask them yet. Who hewed me from the living rock of my jungle home and imbued me with seemingly immortal life? By what insidious design was I first loosed upon an unsuspecting world? If I am an icon–and I must confess that I am–what inscrutable power am I meant to represent? Should you fear me? How do you get an ebook from the Stone Skin Shop onto your ereader?
Get comfortable, because all this may take quite some time and… Um, you know what, the Pelgrane looks pretty agitated over there, and the last time I ruffled those feathers it took forever to clean up, so maybe I’d better just stick to the script. This time. In brief, then, here’s the latest from Stone Skin Press:
- We put together a quick and easy tutorial on how to download an ebook from an independent retailer and get it onto any device you might want to read it on.
- We’ve started a new blog series called ‘Stone Skin on the Rocks,’ where we pair our books and stories with thematic beverages. Our debut entry features an overview of the medieval spiced wine Hippocras and a guest recipe from author Molly Tanzer, who concocts a cocktail to pair with her story in our collection The Lion and The Aardvark: Aesop’s Modern Fables.
- We’ve partnered up with the book review site Goodreads to give away a bunch of our titles. The last two have already resolved, but we’ll be doing more, so if you’re on Goodreads be sure to check out their Giveaway section for future Stone Skin freebies.
- Speaking of giveaways, we announce all of these things first at our Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ pages, so if you want the best shot at getting free books be sure to follow us there.
- And of course the main Stone Skin site is where it all goes down, so check in often.