Applicable to Non-Commercial Activity
Based on the 13th Age Community Use Policy by Fire Opal Games. (Click the “Community Use” tab on their website to view it.)
The Pelgrane Press community is an intelligent, creative, dedicated, and enthusiastic group of people, and we at Pelgrane Press Ltd appreciate and value the contributions of our community members. This Community Use Policy is designed to encourage you to spread your enthusiasm and creativity while respecting ownership of our copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual properties.
This policy excludes 13th Age products. The 13th Age has its own very similar community use policy which you can find here.
While copyright and trademark laws protect our property, they also prevent you from using our intellectual properties in most circumstances. That means that you are generally prohibited from using any of our logos, images, or other trademarks or copyrighted content without our consent. This policy grants you the consent to use some of our intellectual property under certain circumstances.
This policy authorizes certain non-commercial use of some Pelgrane Press Ltd’s intellectual property – related material specifically identified in the Permissions section of this policy (“Material”).
When we say “non-commercial,” we mean you cannot sell or otherwise charge anyone for access to content used under this Policy. If you make any commercial use of Material, your rights under this Policy will be automatically terminated, and any permission granted by this Policy will be immediately revoked. If Pelgrane Press Ltd believes that you are in the publishing business, you are considered to be a commercial user, and you are not granted any right to use any Material under this Policy. (Commercial users may be able to use or license certain Material outside of this Policy – take a look at our various [[licenses]]. You can subsidize your content by taking advantage of sponsorships, ad revenue, and donations—so long as it doesn’t interfere with the Community’s access to your fan content.
To use Material under this Policy you must include the following notice in plainly legible and accessible form in each product or on each venue that uses any Material:
“This [website, character sheet, or whatever it is] uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Pelgrane Press Ltd, which are used under the Pelgrane Press Ltd, Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This [website, character sheet, or whatever it is] is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Pelgrane Press Ltd. For more information about Pelgrane Press Ltd’s Community Use Policy, please visit this page. For more information about Pelgrane Press Ltd visit pelgranepress.com.”
If you are broadcasting via Twitch, YouTube or other similar platforms, include this text in your comments, and mention it in the broadcast, or in your video credits.
By using content under this Policy:
- You agree to not use any material in a way that suggests Pelgrane Press Ltd endorses or is in any way responsible for anything you create, or that suggests that you have any other relationship with Pelgrane Press Ltd, unless we have a separate written agreement that lets you do so.
- You agree to not use Pelgrane Press Ltd trade dress—that is, you may not make your material look like ours. You agree that such use could irreparably harm Pelgrane Press Ltd.
- You agree to use your best efforts to preserve the high standard of our intellectual property.
- You agree to present Pelgrane Press Ltd, our products, and the Material in a generally positive light.
- You agree to not use this permission for material that the general public would classify as “adult content,” offensive, or inappropriate for minors, and you agree that such use would irreparably harm Pelgrane Press Ltd.
- You agree to not do anything illegal in or with products or websites produced under this Policy.
- You agree to contact us through the Pelgrane Press Ltd website and submit a description of the material you are creating with links to the material as appropriate.
As long as you comply with all of the above usage requirements, we hereby grant you the following permissions:
- You may use any artwork not specifically marked otherwise found on pelgranepress.com, unless it is marked as third-party content. You may not alter the color, typography, design, or proportions of the logos or icons, or otherwise modify them.
- This does not include PDF documents, unless otherwise stated, though you can link to pages which contain PDF documents using a thumbnail image.
- You may use the cover images, as displayed on pelgranepress.com. Product covers may not be cropped, color adjusted, edited, distorted, or modified.
- You may use the textual product descriptions, as they appear on the back of each product or in the product listings on pelgranepress.com.
- You may descriptively reference trademarks, proper names (characters, icons, monsters, deities, artifacts, places, etc.), locations and characters from Pelgrane Press products listed on pelgranepress.com, provided it is clear that these are our marks, and we do not endorse your content.
- You may descriptively reference dialogue, plots, storylines, language, and incidents from Pelgrane Press products.pelgranepress.com in campaign journals and play-by-post or play-by-email games.
- You may use music as background music in actual play podcasts and videos.
The permissions granted under this Policy are personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred without our consent. Please do not hotlink to images on our website, as we may move those images (thus breaking your links) at any time.
This policy in no way alters Pelgrane Press Ltd’s ownership of any of our intellectual property and we reserve the right to amend, modify or terminate this Policy at any time. We will post revisions to this Policy on our website, so check back frequently to make sure you have the most current version.